Together with a team of skilled scientists and drug development professionals, Vico’s focus is on development of RNA modulating therapies for rare neurological disorders, with initial focus on SCA – Spinocerebellar ataxia, HD – Huntington’s disease and RETT syndrome.
The team has a long standing expertise in antisense oligonucleotide technology and a majority of our employees have worked most of their professional careers on RNA-modulating therapeutics for rare diseases. Our passion never dies in the mission to bring a therapy to the patients.
Interested in joining us?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Business Development Director
Vico Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on developing oligonucleotide-based therapies for CNS disorders, bringing decades of experience in RNA modulation technology and science together.
Vico has an experienced leadership team with a successful track record in research, drug development, manufacturing, operations, and business development. Vico’s employees are self-motivated, high-performing professionals who all share the desire to grow, both individually and as a team, by providing exceptional contributions to the organization. In addition, Vico has established a firm network of accomplished advisors with deep experience in pharmaceutical research and development.
Vico is seeking a Business Development Director who wants to contribute to developing new therapeutic solutions for rare, neurodegenerative diseases caused by genetic alterations.
What is this role about? You will
- lead search and evaluate efforts for collaboration/partnering opportunities to enhance and /or leverage internal oligonucleotide platform;
- lead new opportunity evaluation, including financial modelling, term sheet and deal negotiations;
- lead competitive intelligence efforts identifying emerging trends and opportunities for Vico;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Vico’s technology platform to identify new business opportunities.
- Build, maintain and manage relationships between Vico and existing/future partners by establishing a high level of trust within both organizations
- Act as point of contact to both Vico and existing/future partners for all business/legal related matters
What about you?
- You have a Master and/or PhD (and/or higher) degree in life sciences or a related scientific field
- +10 years working experience in area of business development, alliance management and/or technology office
- You have special interest and experience in rare diseases and/or diseases of the central nervous a system
- You love networking, and use your negotiation skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a proven track record in search, evaluation, negotiation and execution of deals
- You feel comfortable in a multifunctional, multicultural and geographically diverse team
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both oral and written) – other languages are a plus
- Although we are mostly working remote now due to Covid, we need you to be capable to work at the office in Leiden, the Netherlands, on regular terms and on demand, if required
- You are a team player, but also a self-starter.
Interested or triggered?
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and a wish to join a highly motivated team with a passion for science, we invite you to apply at: email@example.com. In the e-mail subject line, please indicate the position title: Business Development Director.
For now, we are not interested to receive calls from agencies.
Research Technician – Oligonucleotide precision chemistry
You will help expand our innovative drug discovery for RETT and other brain disorders, applying state-of-the-art technologies and chemistries.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manufacturing of oligonucleotides (synthesis, purification and analysis)
- Implement precision chemistry and optimize related procedures
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment
- Proper documentation of results
What do we offer?
We are a small, dynamic, and efficient organisation (currently 30 employees) and our people are positive and dedicated with continued focus on science and quality. We have a long track record of academic collaborations and publications in the field of antisense oligonucleotides for neuromuscular disorders, and genuinely value strong alliances with patient organisations. We offer ~1000 m2 of modern lab space attractively combining molecular biology and oligochemistry & manufacturing units with well-maintained equipment.
You will work closely with experienced people, so plenty of learning opportunities. We work hard, but also make sure to have fun. Lovely office space, regular social events (once that is allowed again).
What do we expect from you?
Next to being a great team member who’s contributions will make a difference to patient’s lives, we do have some specific requirements:
- You have at least a bachelor in organic chemistry
- If you are familiar with solid phase synthesis, HPLC purification, LC-MS analysis and/or UV-Vis spectrophotometry, that is a plus
- You have a high affinity to technical equipment
- You have excellent problemsolving skills
- You are structured and highly organized person
- You are a great communicator (as we valuate teamwork) and fluent in English
- You have a pro-active attitude
Please send your resume and motivation letter to:
Vico Therapeutics BV
NB: we collect personal data for selection purposes only. All personal data will be destroyed within 4 weeks after completion of the procedure.
If you are interested in joining our mission to continuously discover, develop and deliver therapies then please send your full resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it via the contact form.