Together with a team of skilled scientists and drug development professionals, VICO’s focus is on development of RNA modulating therapies for rare neurological disorders, with initial focus on SCA – Spinocerebellar ataxia, HD – Huntington’s disease and RETT syndrome.
The team has a long standing expertise in antisense oligonucleotide technology and a majority of our employees have worked most of their professional careers on RNA-modulating therapeutics for rare diseases. Our passion never dies in the mission to bring a therapy to the patients.
Interested in joining us?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Business Development Director
Leiden, The Netherlands – Full time
VICO is seeking a Business Development Director who wants to contribute to developing new therapeutic solutions for rare, neurodegenerative diseases caused by genetic alterations.
What is this role about?
- Lead the search and evaluate efforts for collaboration/partnering opportunities to enhance and /or leverage internal oligonucleotide platforms;
- Lead new opportunity evaluation, including scientific evaluation and financial modelling, term sheet and deal negotiations;
- Lead competitive intelligence efforts identifying emerging trends and opportunities for VICO;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of VICO’s technology platform to identify new business opportunities;
- Build, maintain and manage relationships between VICO and existing/future partners by establishing a high level of trust within both organizations;
- Act as point of contact to both VICO and existing/future partners for all business/legal related matters.
What about you?
- You have a Master and/or PhD (and/or higher) degree in life sciences or a related scientific field;
- +10 years working experience in the area of business development, alliance management and/or technology office;
- You have special interest and experience in rare diseases and/or diseases of the central nervous system;
- You love networking, and use your negotiation skills and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- You have a proven track record in search, evaluation, negotiation and execution of deals;
- You feel comfortable in a multifunctional, multicultural and geographically diverse team
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both oral and written) – other languages are a plus;
- Although we are mostly working remote now due to Covid, we need you to be able to work at the office in Leiden, the Netherlands, on regular terms and on demand, if required;
- You are a team player, but also a self-starter.
Interested or triggered?
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and a wish to join a highly motivated team with a passion for science, we invite you to apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For now, we are not interested to receive calls from agencies.
Office Assistant - 0.6 fte
We are looking for a self-starter who is resourceful, anticipates needs and works with attention to detail. In this role you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the company so a professional and pleasant manner is a must. You will work closely together with the Director Operations in your daily tasks which will include but are not limited to:
- You will be a point of contact for a range of staff and external stakeholders with office related matters
- Incoming telephone calls and e-mail, determine purpose of calls/email, forward to appropriate personnel or department and take adequate measures when required.
- Maintain the reception area, welcome, register, assist and / or direct visitors
- Ensure the VICO procedures are always followed regarding safety and security of employees/visitors
- Register inbound and outbound mail and parcels, contact person for all incoming and outgoing mail/parcels
- Maintain and monitor office/kitchen/lounge supply inventory levels and place orders as required incl. ordering weekly groceries
- Assist management team with travel arrangements/expenses when necessary
- Assist with meeting preparations incl. ordering lunches etc.
- Take stock, order and distribute office supplies
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new office equipment and techniques.
- Organise team get together once a month, and various team outings through the year
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
- Archive control
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an office assistant, or relevant role required
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, Dutch an advantage
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint)
- A positive attitude, high level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit
- Commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks
- Easy contact with personnel
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and a wish to join a highly motivated team with a passion for science, we invite you to apply at: email@example.com
For now, we are not interested to receive calls from agencies
If you are interested in joining our mission to continuously discover, develop and deliver therapies then please send your full resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it via the contact form.